Tuesday, June 5, 2018

No target again tonight. Tonight I went to an outdoor range where my JOAD were shooting an outdoor pin night. We shot one end and a couple of practice end. I could not use the StarLite scope as no electronics allowed in USA Archery shoots and the StarLite has no way to collect ambient light. I followed the training I have been working on to shoot tonight. I do not feel I shot very well due to my inability to get my scope sighted properly until the last end. One major problem was I tried to let down and shot into the grass so I had one miss but did find my arrow. Bellow is a list of my scores. 10-9-9-8-8-7=9 X-9-9-8-8-7=9 9-9-8-8-7-6=13 9-9-9-8-8-6=11 9-9-9-8-7-6=12 10-10-10-10-7-m=13 Back to shooting at. 10 yards tomorrow unless you tell me differently

George Ryals  
Was it a release malfunction or something else? When at ten yards, what are you currently working on?
Ashby Spratley  
I consider it a release malfunction. I was not happy with the way the shot felt and was attempting to let down and I malfunctioned by hitting the thumb trigger. If you are asking if the release itself malfunctioned I do not think so I believe it was me. At ten yards I am going over each of the following items in my shoot routine. Stance - same one I have always used. Hook & Grip - hook my release and squeeze the bow handle between thumb and index finger. Raise the bow - I raise the bow over my head at the full extension of my left arm while keeping my shoulders down and allowing the palm of my hand to rest on the bow grip. Draw - pushing my left arm down and forward and drawing my right arm back and to the outside below my chin near my chest Anchor - using my shoulder moving it back I bring my release and hand to anchor under my chin - I do not know if this is a separate step if so I do not know what it is called but here I check to feel if my right shoulder feels like it is back behind my head and down and make sure my right elbow is also back and behind my head Hold on center - now I try to hold my dot on center and just look at the X all the time while I pull back on the release until it releases - it releases pretty easily for me now I allow my right hand to follow through and hold my bow arm up until I hear the arrow hit the target. A lot of this is becoming automatic and I do it without thinking about it but if I think about my shot after I can remember doing the steps and it a shot fails I can usually review the shot and find what I missed or did not do correctly Am I overdoing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment