Monday, June 4, 2018

Ashby Spratley  
Good practice tonight. I forgot to photo my target tonight, sorry. None of the 48 arrows I got to shoot during the JOAD pin shoot tonight. None of my arrows landed outside of the ten ring. If my target is still there Tuesday I will get a photo. I am feeling comfortable with my shot routine with all the changes we made and my release. Should I move the target back from 10 yards and if so how far back?


George Ryals  
The way to know if its time to progress to the next step in training is your ability to shoot a solid, quick shot that is still, controlled, and clean. If you can shoot that Perfect feeling shot over and over without making intermittent mistakes, it's time to move to the next step.
Ashby Spratley  
Thanks for your description of how to know when to move back. I am not there yet but I do feel like I am making progress in that direction. Most of my shoots feel comfortable not like I am having to force myself to do the routine like when I first started all this. It has just become my routine now as in this is the way I draw my bow and shoot. I feel like I am controlled and clean but not solid or quick and from time to time it is just a mess. I will continue at 10 yards for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment