Saturday, June 30, 2018

First Flight Archery, Raleigh Revolution JOAD US Archery Outdoor Second Quarter Virtual Tournament


Just got home from shooting the second quarter First Flight Archery, Raleigh Revolution JOAD US Archery Outdoor virtual tournament. Beautiful at but hot, almost no wind. Mickey my Apple Watch said it was 92 when we finished. I had three goals going into this tournament which I should have posted to you(my coach George Ryals IV) before I shot but here they are any way. 
1. Execute my current shot routine which I have been practicing all week. This I did about 95% of the time at least three time I had the pep in front of my eye without thinking about moving my shoulder back to get my to my anchor. 
2. Shoot all my arrows in the yellow. This I missed by having five 8s and two 7s. The six-seven liner was shot during sighting in. Speaking of sighting in I had not used the Axcel scope since my rest was adjusted and left was so far off I had to move the scope to the right to have enough left adjustment to get the scope sighted in also I my not have used this scope since my strings were changed because my tape was very far off for range. I will likely go to Boneyard Sunday to make an updated tape. 
3. Was to shoot 320 or better and get my next JOAD pin. I did half of this one. I needed 310 to get my pin so my 317 is enough. Since the worst arrow I shot was a 7 if I had not of had the miss I would have made the 320. Speaking of the miss I have no idea what happen. I am truly baffled. The shot felt good I did not know I missed until Leslie who was doing some spotting told me I had missed. I recovered shooting a 10 and two 9s after it. This is a personal best by 16 arrows. I am pleased with this shoot but would really liked to have not had the 8s or 7s.

No comments:

Post a Comment