Saturday, June 2, 2018

2018 USA Archery North Carolina Outdoor and JOAD State Championships

To my coach George Ryals - 

I just got home from shooting the 2018 USA Archery North Carolina Outdoor and JOAD State Championships. It was very hot with a little bit of wind however I enjoyed myself. I was worried because I have not shot over 10 yards since the workshop. I was also worried about breaking my training. I was determined to shoot the tournament in the same way I have been practicing and I did. A bit to my surprise I shoot well. My first round was a 300, a personal best. My second was a 301 again a personal best. I guess everything you have had me doing has helped. I still have a lot to learn and skills to perfect so tomorrow I will go right back to practicing at 10 yards. I did have one miss and two 6s the third 6 arrow hole was someone else’s arrow.

I almost forget to tell you I won first place in Masters 60+ and it was a real win there was at least one other archer in my division.

No comments:

Post a Comment