Sunday, June 25, 2017

Today I shoot the 3D shoot at Moore County Bowhunters. I had a very good time. I shoot with Mark, his wife Sara, Frank and his son Jason. It was a bit hot and very humid but it was not dreadful and was at times comfortable. After staring off with a 5 I shoot pretty well. I ended up getting two 5s but got rid of one with a 10 on the bonus, I shot only four 8s and three 12s to almost cancel out the 8s. What this all means is I broke my personal best outside shooting 7 down for the day. My previous best score outside was 23 down so this is real progress. I must admit I am pleased even if I did not break 200 yet. Maybe I will not be dead last in K45 this week. I shoot one upper 12 and nailed it at 14 yards. I believe the work I have been doing with making sure my peep and scope cylinders are alined and not creeping once I am at full draw also not dropping my bow arm before the arrow land are helping, something is helping. I think part of it is focus and sticking to my shoot routine no matter what is going on around me.
One interesting tid bit Mark and I shoot together for my very first 3D shoot earlier this year. He said I have come a long way. Thanks Mark.
I plan to shoot the North Carolina state championship July 1/2 Mecklenburg NC if I can figure out how to register. I have qualified
to shoot this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment