Sunday, June 11, 2017


I had a real good time at Quewhiffle Creek Bow Hunters 3D shoot. I got there about 10 after 8AM and was shooting by 8:30 or so. Getting there early let me beat some of the heat, it was pretty comfortable that early but did get hot before we finished. My Frog Tog did seem to help and I was wearing a white tech shirt. I got in a group with James Cox his wife Rachel, their son who name I have lost and a friend who's name I think was Dudley. While I shot I ran the Outdoor walk training program on my Apple Watch and the two photos above are screen shot of the data they collected. I was just interested to see what they would get. For instance it always seems to me like I have walked a lot more than 2 miles and I did not realize it took 5 hours to do the shoot. The other photo show the actual path I walk during the shoot.
I started off very well with a 12 then a 10. I had been to Nuse River Saturday to test the sight tape. At First Flight I had carefully ranged the bow for 20 yards and set the range indicator to 20 yard on the sight. At Nuse River I set the bow for 20 yards and nailed the center of the 20 yard target, then I set the sight to 30 yards and switched to the 30 yard target also nail it in the center. I did the same for the 40 and 50 yard bails at Nuse River. This made me feel very good about my tape. Then the wheels came off, 5s and 8s missing low or right or both from where I was aiming. It was me something I was doing or not doing correctly because from time to time I would still hot right where I was aiming hence the sprinkling of 10s on 17 I missed so low I went under the target and missed the target completely. This really annoyed me but I was pleased that I was able to put it behind me and shoot a 10 then two 12s and a 12 on the bonus. The photos below are two of my 12s. 
I really did not know what I was doing to cause on of the low shots but I started calling it the "Dips" and will spend as much time as necessary this coming week finding out what could cause the Dips and what I need to do to correct them. I know I can correct them because I do not alway do it.
Quewhiffle is a good shoot and this time we started differently than the first two times I have shoot there. I liked the this start better but I have no reason why I just liked it better, the end was the same as before.


No comments:

Post a Comment