Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Shot the Fishing Creek 3D shoot with Leslie and John Winker of First Flight Archery. I had a good time I just hope shooting with me was not to annoying for them. They needed me or someone like me because they both belong to Tar River and you have to have someone from a different club in your group if you shoot a money class. I am a member of Nuse River but it does not really matter to me since I shoot Known 45. I did not shoot as well as I thought I would. I shoot pretty well Saturday and thought I had the "Dips" behind me but they were with me from the start. I shot a 176 two less than my best outside. I felt like I was shooting terrible but looking back at my score cards it was not that bad. I shot a number of 10 but I did shoot two 5s also I had a miss, it is the worse kind of miss. A mistake. My beard got caught in my release and while trying to get it free I triggered the release. I was not even at full draw and hit a tree. The arrow bounced off and was undamaged except for the knot. Nice to at least get the arrow back and just replace the broken knot to be able to shoot it.
When I did my shot routine correctly including aligning my peep and scope, not creeping and not dropping my bow arm early I made good shots hitting where I was aiming.
It was a nice course and I enjoyed shooting it. We started from what had been the back end before and shoot it the other way, I liked this way better. It was a bit wet but not too muddy but there were lots of mosquitoes. I even put on repellent which I do not like to use. I did well getting around the course, I was a little worried about wearing out after Saturday but I did well.

No comments:

Post a Comment