Saturday, June 17, 2017

 Today I shoot the NCFAA Field shoot and Durham County Wildlife Center. We had major rain last night and a bit of rain during the shoot but nothing major, however this did make it a bit wet there. The humidity was very high and with the temp I suffered some due to those condition. I only shoot the first half of the shoot, 14 targets.
I made sure I sighted in my bow for 20 yards and set my sight yardage indicator carefully before the event. I only had time to shoot at the 20 yard target but it at least was perfect. The new tape seems to be very accurate which made shoot the field shoot much more fun. Every target range I set on the scope allowed me to hit the target face on my first arrow usually inside to pro line and I had a number of 5s and a few Xs. This was a big improvement from the last time I shot at DCWC.
Due to my problems with what I have be calling the Dips I have asked everyone at the range who might know what I might be doing. Leslie videoed me and showed me I was creeping, she said I was moving my elbow from its full back position at full draw to a more forward position. From viewing the video I could also see that my should was moving. This helped me a lot. John told me if I was not keeping my peep sight and scope housing centered that that would cause me to shoot lower than where I thought I was aiming. I was not sure I was doing this but also was not sure I had not since it was very easy to do. John also thinks the 2" feathers on my Full Bore arrows are too small but I think they are good and I like them. Shooting at the range this week paying attention to both of these potential problems my accuracy improved at the range and before the indoor 3d shoot I shoot 3 Xs on a Vegas 3 spot.  I also shot a 208 at the 3D with eight 12s, a record for me.
At the NCFAA I got to shoot with Leslie, Sasha(sp) and Will all from First Flight. I have shot with archers from the range before but this was still fun and special.
I felt I shoot pretty well almost every target I had at least one or more 5s and very few 3s also no misses. I shot 8 Xs.
I really wish I would have had the stamina to shoot the second 14 and I did feel a lot better after lunch but Leslie and Sasha left, Leslie needed to go to the range and Sasha was riding with her. I think Will would have shot the second 14 but I am pretty new and this was his first shoot so I am not sure if we could have managed on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment