Thursday, August 3, 2017

USA Archery 133 Outdoor National Championship Thursday morning Aug 3th 2017

Today I shot my first round of 72 arrows at the USA Archery 133 Outdoor National Championship in Westfield IN. I was a good day but I am pretty tired - I guess the 1500 meter we walk during the event wares me out. I shot target 111C with three nice gentlemen Scott, Jim and Randy. All better archers that myself. Scot broke the Seniors record of 687 with a 702 - pretty cool. I shot fair not as well as I had planned but better than I have before at 50 meters. I had set a goal to break 600 which is still a long way from the maximum score of 720, an other goal was to break 300 for a round. Well I missed my 600 by 6 points but I did shoot a 306 so I do that one. The D-loop is frayed to the point where it worries me - it may be a long way from breaking bit to get rid of the worry I will replace it. If I do not have d-loop cord with me I will go early enough tomorrow to get some and replace it. I do not shoot until 1:30 Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment