Friday, August 4, 2017

USA Archery 133 Outdoor National Championship Friday afternoon Aug 4th 2017

Today I shot at 1 PM - it was strange, not the shooting at 1 PM but the temperature. it is August the 4th and it was 63° all of my preparations were designed around staying cool so this was quite a surprise. I luckily had a sweatshirt in my car, I was cold wearing it and would have frozen with out it.
I was move to target 114C and shot with two nice guys Dan and Don.
The wind was brutal. There was no way to hold ones bow stead on the target. One had to just hold as well as one could and release the arrow when one felt one had the best chance to hit the target. It was so different than everything I have learned and have been working so long to master. It was almost not like archery but from listening to the other archers that is what they were doing. Just a lot of them seemed to do it better than other and me. I missed the target 7 times, of those twice I missed the bail. Once I found the arrow, the second one hit the frame of the target and the arrow broke, I have the biggest piece. I enjoyed the event but shooting in this kind of wind if not much fun and frustrating.



Dan and Don
I saw several archers I am a fan of including Lexi Keller and
Dahlia Crook

No comments:

Post a Comment