Thursday, August 10, 2017

First Flight Archery indoor 3D shoot


File Aug 14, 9 53 04 AM.jpegFirst Flight Archery indoor 3D shoot. I did not enjoy this shoot very much John had changed the limbs on my Podium. The Podium was purchased with 40 -50 pound limbs but when Hoyt replaced them due to a bit of delamination on the original limbs. The new limbs would only go up to 48.6 pounds when the limb bolts were fully down. So I purchased a new set of custom Red 50 - 60 pound limbs from John and he installed them. I had ask that he set the bow to about 52 pounds but he did not do this so when I asked again he did so acting like it was a huge favor he was doing for me. He also commented about me only pulling only 52 pounds but he did not make this comment to me I just over heard it. When I went to shoot my bow it made a very strange thunking sound when I went to full draw. I asked him about it and if he would come and tell me what it was. Again he acted like this was the biggest favor I could ask but he came. He had me pull back the bow and then told me not to shoot but to let down. He took my bow and when to his work bench mumbling about the cables. When I got the bow back I asked what was wrong and he told me the yoke cable were on backwards. He obviously never pulled the bow to full draw after changed the limbs so I am now wondering if the timing is correct.
I had brought my Double XL with me because I wanted to try shooing it at the 3D league shoot but I was having trouble with the sight so I decided to shoot the Podium. I was worried that the sight tape would be so far off that I would be guessing all night but the tape appeared to be very accurate after I reset the indicator to 20 yards after verifying that distance on the bales.  I shoot a 199 which is OK I missed 4 of the 6 fourteens which accounted for my 5 and three of my 8s. Leslie won with a 206 so I was not far off. The bow felt good and shoot well and it is real pretty with those red limbs. I shot with Travis and John both nice guys and a pleasure to shoot with.


No comments:

Post a Comment