Saturday, July 22, 2017

US Archery Outdoor NC State Championship

Went to Burlington NC to shoot the US Archery Outdoor NC State Championship. It was located at Buttermilk Creek, 860 Fleming Graham Rd, Burlington,NC 27217 which was almost a 2 hour drive. It turned out to be a small event but well run and fun. It was blood hot but the event organizers did have some shade and provided everyone with all the water they need free which I thought was a class act. I shot my blue Prevail which perform well. I was shooting my Stan PrefeX thumb release, I have gotten the Stan PrefeX R their resistance release which I have been working with but it is not ready for competition yet. I shot fair no where near as well as I had hopped but both set of 36 arrows were better than I had shot before. One mistake I shot the wrong bail hitting the right target on the wrong bail so I got a zero or miss for that arrow. It was an 8 on the other bail. I guess that would be a focus error.
Most of my shots were 7s, 8s and 9s with a few 10s I did have some 6s and a 5 which are better than a miss. My previous best on this target at this range was 244 so the 294 was a considerable improvement. Still it is a long was from the possible 360 but it gives me something to work on. My second set I scored 287 if I would have gotten the 8 that I shot on the wrong bail it would have been 295 one better than my first set. Well if wishes were horses beggars would ride.
I did however take second place in the Masters Division which was pretty cool. So I am now the indoor and outdoor second place holder for the Masters division.
When I got into my car to drive home in the parking lot my car reported the outside temperature to be 100°.

No comments:

Post a Comment