Sunday, July 23, 2017

Fishing Creeks last 3D shoot

Went to Fishing Creek for the last time for a 3D shoot - I will miss shooting there - it was a nice place and course.
CC is on the left and Anne is on the right
I shot fairly well not as well as I should have shot - since I changed my Full Bore arrows to 4 fletch my sight tape has been off. I did fairly well making adjustments for that but still shot somethings low.
I only shoot one 5 which was great but then I shoot a 5 on the bonus so no help there. I did not miss so no lose arrows but I did have a fletching damaged so I did not shoot the whole course with one arrow.
I was in a group with two couples. Both of the guys were experence hunters and 3D shooters both of the ladies were new, this was their second shoot. It was very interesting watching them discover 3D archery and listen to them talk about it. It was a fun day. They were CC and Anne if I remember correctly I am afraid I have loose they guys names, I really wish I could remember names well.
I know about what offset I need to add to my sight tape so I will try making a new tape with that off set added and see if it is better than my guessing. Even through the new arrow setup has cause problems with my sight tape I really do like the way they fly and with the 4 Hoyt Red feather they look great also are not as hard to see when in the target.
I have yet to try my new Stran PrefeX R release with the Podium but I do plan to shoot it at the 3D league Thursday evening at First Flight Archery. If it works well I will buy one for the Podium.

No comments:

Post a Comment