Friday, July 28, 2017

3D league at First Flight Archery


Shot the 3D league at First Flight Archery. Only two compound archers there myself and David. I was a fun time. I shot my Podium with the new tape that seemed to work very well. Before others arrived I was able to back out to the 30 yd. mark that is in the show room and hit targets at 30 yards using the tape. Would have backed up to 35 yards but folks started to arrive. I shot the PrefeX R release all evening. I had some success with it also some failures. It is not as easy to use as it sounds like it should be but when everything works it does give me a better group.
 shot OK not too bad except for two dumb mistakes. We had a Antelope or some such animal at 3 yards guested yardage, I set me sight on 37 yards as my short range card said for 9 feet and called upper 12 and nailed it, almost center punched it. The the next target was the mural of the cat and I went for the 14 ring as usual and shot without resetting my sight. I hit the target dead center of the 14 ring 10 inches to high for a 0. On the coyote or fox what ever it is I shot the 12 on it at 10 yards the shot the leopard next at 15 yards with my sight still set for 10 yards. I lucked out with an 8 on that one. Except for theses dumb focus mistakes and a few release mishaps I shot OK.  I shot a 198 which was not terrible especially with a miss.  Need to talk to Jon about a bonus shot LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment