Saturday, July 29, 2017

Shady Lake Archery Club 3D

Myself shooting the second target in the meadow.
I drove up to Shady Lake Archery Club in southern VA to shoot their 3D shoot. It was a nice drive however I made a mistake. They sent me GPS coordinates because the place does not have a street address. They sent me N36°36.960' W81° 48.310but when I put them in my GPS I managed to change the N36° to N38° - I knew something was wrong when I hit WV and I found a place to pull off and check and found my error. I still made it there on time. Everyone was very friendly and I got a group with two very pleasent guys Mark and Travis. We were of similar shooting levels which made it even more fun. They shoot 30 targets but with no bonus. The place was beautiful but a bit hilly. However it was comfortable I do not think the temp got above 75° and when we first started out it was 69°. Extremely nice for July 29th.
I did not shoot terribly but I did not shoot well either.
The first three target were in this little meadow which was very pretty with the mountain in the background.
View of the meadow and mountain Mike shooting the second
target group trad archery to the left on target three. 
Right before our second target a doe with a fawn ran across the meadow.  It was a very pretty sight. After the third target we went into the woods and started climbing the mountain. It was not terribly steep or difficult but it was a climb. Most of the rest of the shoot was going up or down the mountain. There was an area where we were shooting several targets from the top of the mountain which was pretty flat and from up there we saw 4 turkeys foraging down it the meadow. This was a very beautiful place and I am sure the weather had something to do with how much I enjoyed this shoot. I will very likely shoot here again.
Travis shooting with Mike spotting.

No comments:

Post a Comment