Saturday, July 28, 2018

Yes wrong kind of target. I spent a number of hours at the range Saturday but was working on bows mostly instead of shooting them. Minor things on my outdoor compound bow but on my target indoor compound bow I was doing updated to match all the changes to the outdoor compound bow. At the JOAD Tournament I spent a lot of time watching the archers shoot and decided I do not have good control of my Olympic Recurve bow. I decided to not lighten the bow and replace the limbs with like lighter draw weight limbs. I removed about 9 oz. from the bow and replace to 34 pound limbs with 30 pound limbs. At my draw length that takes the bow from 41.5 pounds to 37.5 pounds. Still plenty of power to shoot 70 meters when I am ready. The bow felt much better and under control. I shot two 1” groups and three 2” groups but ran out of time while adjusting my sight. I am feeling very good about this bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment