Sunday, December 16, 2018


Major breakthrough tonight. I learned why I was having what seemed like should have been a dead center shot would be two inches low or sometimes high. I had probably at least a dozen of those at the tournament Sunday maybe more and I just could not understand why what looked and felt like a perfect shot would hit low or high. Well tonight at JOAD I was shooting at ten yards working on my release thinking this must be the problem. I shot an arrow that looked in the sight and felt like a perfect shot and the arrow landed more than an inch low. I began to think it was the arrow so I had John examine that arrow and another one that landed true. He said they balanced the same and weighted the same. So he watched me shoot and told me that sometimes when I shot I pulled so hard on the bow that I was causing the cable stop to deflect the cable and other times I did not do this. He said this would cause me to miss like I was seeing. He asked if the SweetSpot was showing I was pulling too hard I said it was not. He suggested that I may want to lower the upper threshold. He watched me shoot several times and had me back down when I was pulling too hard against the stop. I adjusted the SweetSpot so that the level when the red LED would come on was much lower I had no trouble adjusting how hard I was pulling the bow back so that I was not turning on the red LED when holding and was immediately able to pound the X with every arrow shooting from 10 yards. I am assuming I got to pulling so hard thinking it would help me both get my elbow back and not creep. My SweetSpot will tell me if I creep and now tell me if I pull to hard also. Now I have to practice with it a lot set this way so I can shoot with the same feel when I am not allowed to use it like at USA Archery events.

No comments:

Post a Comment