Monday, August 13, 2018


Yesterdays target. You suggested I should shoot at different patterns this is my attempt. It does not really seem to affect the way I feel when I’m shooting so maybe this is a good thing. I’m a bit frustrated due to a lack of progress. I’m finding it difficult to get myself to practice but I’m still trying. I’m at 20 yards working on my shot routine and form with the SweetSpot. I shot 30 arrows tonight the ones not in the yellow were not mine. They were from someone else missing their own target. This coming weekend I travel to Florida for my level III coaching workshop, I’m looking forward to it. They sent me the book about a week ago. I have been reading and studying it. Some new information but a lot I already knew. One thing they talk about that I disagree with is that archery is 90% mental. I have heard this before and I believe it’s good for Larry Basham I just don’t think it’s true. Also I have never seen anybody spend 90% of the time working on their mental game. Mental is very important. I believe it’s about 50%. I also believe it is not something you work on mostly separately but is to be worked on as you’re working on your form while shooting. I do believe that visualization is very helpful and needs to be part of your practice but you also need to do a good bit of your mental work while shooting. I have taken your advice for part of my mental game. I am no longer working on Don’t drop my bow arm because it is a negative and a thing not to do. What I have replaced it with is Follow through which is positive and means to me to hold my arm up after the release at least until I hear the arrow hit. This dose seem to be working. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment