Monday, April 23, 2018

Durham County Wildlife Club NAFF shoot

We shot 14 field and 14 hunter, 28 targets four arrows each for 112 arrows. It was a beautiful day and a good time. I had changed where I place my sight on its bar from number 11 to number 8 per recommendations from George Ryals this however messed up my sight tape a bit due to this changing one of the measurements used to create the tapes in Archers Advantage. I made two mistakes just silly errors one the first target at 35 feet I set my sight at 35 yards and missed but hit the target and did not lose my arrow, on the 70 yard target on the hunter side I set my sight for 78 yards thinking I was at 80 yards again I hit the target and did not lose my arrow. My only two misses also I did not lose or destroy any arrows. I was thinking of only shooting 14 targets but was refreshed some after lunch and it was such a nice day I went to shoot the final 14. I did OK until target 24 where I decided I needed to sit and rest. I was shooting with Leslie and Tony so I told them to go on and that I would just finish on my own after I rested. When the group following us of Eli, Hunter, Eli's father and sister had past me I was thinking about starting again when I saw Joe following them shooting alone. He came up and sat and rested a while himself then we shot the rest of the round together. We rested at each target which helped me and it was very enjoyable shooting with Joe. I only shot 458 but with my sight tape being off and each first shot on each target being a ranging shot I did not do too bad. I will get the sight tape fixed and will do better next time. I did get very tired by the end and maybe should not have shot the second 14 but I really wanted to. The new boots I was wearing were hurting my feet also. I hope the break in soom it was easy getting around the woods wearing them. I got there for 9AM and finished around 4:45 PM with only lunch and the last four targets getting to rest I was on my feet a long time. It did make it not possible to shoot 3D Sunday which I also wanted to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment