Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Yesterday I went to Godwin's Archery to shoot in there league night. This was the third night of the league so I just shot for fun but I did have a very good time. I did not shot as well as I had hopped but I am making some improvements. My score on the photo is incorrect - I scored it wrong my actually score was 283 not 308 out of 330. I got to shoot against Christine Harrelson, I find I really enjoy competing. I seldom do really well but I enjoy trying to out shoot the others. The other archers who were there shooting were very nice and friendly also welcoming. Most shoot much better than I but the is OK just gives me something to work toward. They plan to do another league shoot in December, I hope to shoot the whole thing.

Tonight I went to First Flight Archery for JOAD training. I am trying to improve my score. It hovers 278 when I really need to break 280 for my next pin the Bronze Olympic pin which I will be shooting for at Lancaster on 10-22-17 in PA. I have been working hard to improve my score but not making much progress some but not much. I have not gotten any coaching from any of the JOAD coaches for 6 weeks until tonight when John told me I was letting my right arm creeping forward at full draw. This of course did helped and I appreciate it but feel like I need more but do not know how to get it. One comment in 6 weeks does not seem like much coaching for my monthly fee. I really love shooting but never feel like I am welcome there. This is why I seldom talk unless spoken to. I have met a number of nice folks who are friendly toward me and I try to be friendly to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment