Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Pin night


Tuesday night was the shoot at First Flight Archery for JOAD pins. This month I was shooting my Olympic Recurve bow for my second or two star pin for indoors on this bow. I have maxed out the pins I may earn on my compound bow indoors.
It is my goal to earn the all eight star pins indoor and outdoors on each different bow type I enjoy shooting. I do plan to earn the Olympic pins both indoor and outdoors for my compound bows. One my only get the prizes for the Olympic pins once but one can get the pins each for indoor and outdoors.
I did earn my second pin at the shoot but just barely, I needed to shoot 140 points and I shoot 153. My next pin for the Olympic Recurve is 190 points, I have a lot of work to do.
First Flight will only allow me to shoot for one pin per month on whatever style of bow I choose so this will take a while to do. One may earn pins shooting at US Archery sanctioned tournaments but since my compound bow is my primary focus I will be competing with those at such events. I really wish First Flight would allow me to shoot for two different types of bows per month.
I am not sure if Barebow and Trad bows are separate categories but I hope they are because I shoot Barebow by string walking and Trad by instinct and would like to get pins for each style.

Currently my standing are -
Compound indoors - 8 stars
Compound outdoors - 6 stars
Olympic indoors - 2 stars
Olympic outdoors - 0 stars
Barebow indoors - 0 stars
Barebow outdoors - 0 stars
Trad bow indoors - 0 stars
Trad bow outdoors - 0 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment