Sunday, September 10, 2017

Green Creek Archery Club 2017 Summer series #6

It is a long drive but not a bad one, it is a 4 hour plus a few minutes drive. It is a nice place and setup for this place. It was not too well attended but there were about 30 of us there. I had to shoot against a 56 year old but I do like having competition.

File Sep 12, 11 42 03 AM.jpegI shoot pretty well and seemed to find a way to shoot better groups as the tournament went on. I found if I pulled a bit harder with my right arm I could hold my sight steadier. Doing this did seem to improve my groups but it does not work every time which means I am not doing everything the same way each time. Something to work on even at closer ranges.

I did achieved my goal of breaking 300 and a total score of 600. First end was 302 second was 300. My second would have been higher except for one of my last 6 arrows missed. I am not sure what I did to miss every shot felt good. It may have been the wind. We had a lot of wind all day and it may have been what was causing some of my wild arrows. I also achieved my goal of my next pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment